Saturday, February 20, 2021

riggs day part 2

I'm not smart.
This is what triggered this "riggs day". 
My friend, yes a friend, made fun of me about my lack of math skills.
I'm not *stupid* I'm just really terrible with numbers. I will literally think 5+6=11... and then DOUBT myself that it's 11, so I re-check. But because it takes me so long to check and re-check, and re-check again... and I have to do this several times during our games... I feel stupid. 
So unfortunately, the barrage of comments about my lack of intelligence didn't help.
Sadly, this happened during the beginning of our d&d session. I know he said it in jest, but unfortunately it impacts my mindset.
Because *I* don't care what happens to me, now I don't care what happens during our session today. 

It's kind of sad because these are our last sessions for our campaign. I was hoping it would be... better. Now I'm focused on not performing anything math in front of my group again.
Like I wish I could leave the table.
I wish I could go curl up into a ball in my bed.
I wish I could curl up and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment